Thursday, September 11, 2008

Week 4

This week's readings focused on data: metadata, databases, etc. I must admit th majority of all three readings went right over my head... I think the bsic concept is that data and metadata is where access begins... having data about data is useful when it comes to finding the information, preserving it, etc. I think I understand that part about cataloguers and archivists... the Dublin Core Data Model article was completely lost on me... I think it explains the idea behind addresses and being able to find specific topics, etc... I'm not entirely sure though... I didn't realize there were multiple kinds of databases though, reading about their history was interesting.

Hopefully I'm not the only one that is feeling a bit lost with these readings...

No comments: